Thank you for visiting www.exterran.com and/or its associated web pages (“Website”). We at Exterran are proud of the products and services we provide our customers, the relationships we have built with our vendors, the quality of our employees and the value that we strive to provide our investors, so we invite you to browse the Website at length to learn more about us. Please note, however, that use of our Website is predicated upon your understanding of and agreement to abide by the terms and conditions included in our Usage Agreement, (“Agreement”) which is incorporated herein by reference. Use of the Website, including downloading of any information, text, graphics, software, links or other items contained in the Website, (“Materials”) wherefrom, will be construed as your acceptance of that Agreement.
Collection and Use of Information - When you visit the Website, we automatically gather information that allows the Website to communicate with your computer during the visit and we track information such as the date and time you visit, the number of visits to the site, which parts of the Website you visit, your computer’s IP address (the Internet address assigned to your computer from your Internet Service Provider) and web browser type. Such information can be used to help us design and administer the Website. You cannot be personally identified by this type of data.
When and how do we collect your personal information?
- Our website will only collect your personal information if you affirmatively agree to supply it by submitting it to us using this website.
What personal information do we collect?
- Job Applications: Our website may collect personal information in relation to a job application you submit to our website. This information may include, for example, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and other personally identifying information that allows us to assess your job application.
- Inquiries: Our website may collect personal information in relation to an inquiry you submit to our website, such as if you make an inquiry through this website using the Contact Us form or by emailing us via a link. We will use this personal information you provide only for the purpose of responding to your inquiry. This information may include, for example, your e-mail address and/or other personally identifying information that allows us to provide you with answers to your inquiry.
- Requested Notifications: Our website may collect personal information in relation to your submission to our website of a request to receive notifications from us, such as notifications about Exterran’s filing of press releases and public filings. This may occur if you submit your e-mail address in order to receive notifications. We will use the information you provide only for the purpose of providing you with the requested notifications.
- Purchases: Our website may collect personal information in relation to a purchase order for products or services that you submit to us on our website. This information may include, for example, your credit card information and/or other personally identifying information that allows us to process the purchase or order.
What do we do with your personal information that we collect?
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, we will only use your personal information for the purposes specified, implied by or which otherwise logically flow from the nature of the location(s) where such information is provided by you and/or the nature of the information provided by you. Examples of our use of your personal information include:
- For job applications, we will only use your personal information for your job application.
- For inquiries, we will only use your personal information to provide you with answers to such inquires.
- For request for notifications, we will only use your personal information to provide you with notifications you request from us.
- For purchase orders, we will only use your personal information to process your purchase or order.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We do not distribute or sell your personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market their products and services to you and, as detailed in the “Communications from Exterran - Opt-In / Opt-Out” section, we will remove your personal information from our database at your request. Exterran does not seek any private information from you (e.g., health status, race or ethnicity, marital status, criminal record) unless legally required to do so, for example, in connection with recruiting. If you choose to provide such information, by doing so you provide Exterran your consent to use that data in the ways expressly described at the location(s) where such information is provided by you and as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the preceding paragraphs, Exterran may disclose your personal information to third parties assisting us in carrying out a transaction or providing a service you requested, such as delivering purchases or processing credit card transactions. Additionally, we may disclose specific information (such as identity and contact information) if we believe that such disclosure is necessary or desirable to: (i) fulfill legal or regulatory requirements, (ii) protect our rights or those of others, (iii) prevent or mitigate harm or damage of any kind or nature, (iv) address abusive practices related to use of the Website or (v) address or seek redress for a violation of this Agreement.
If we provide you with the opportunity to give us feedback regarding the Website and/or our products and services, by providing that feedback you acknowledge that it will become the property of Exterran and that Exterran may use that feedback for marketing or other purposes, and, if your contact information is provided, that Exterran may, but is not obligated to, contact you for further feedback.
- How Do I Access, Modify, or Delete My Personal Information from this Website?
You can make inquiries regarding what personal information of yours we have collected, if any, and request copies of, modification of, and deletion of your personal information that you have previously provided to us, and make other requests and inquiries regarding your personal information that we have collected by emailing Legal@Exterran.com
Cookies - To improve your interaction with the Website, Exterran may employ a feature commonly referred to as “cookies.” “Cookies” are pieces of information sent from a website to your computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. This feature improves efficiency by permitting the website to retain information such as login information and the website pages you last visited, which it can then access on subsequent visits so, for example, you do not need to re-input your information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but some are changed to, or have a default setting that, rejects them. It is ultimately your choice to accept or reject them. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Most browsers allow you to delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies may have a negative impact on the usability of this website.
Information From Children - The Website contains information that may be of interest to children, but Exterran does not seek through the Website to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 17 and we are committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Sensitive Information - Exterran does not seek any sensitive information from visitors to our Website, unless legally required to do so, for example, in connection with recruiting or hiring. Sensitive information includes a number of types of data relating to: race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life or criminal record. We suggest that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature. However, if you do provide such information, Exterran accepts your explicit consent to use that data in the ways described in this Privacy Statement or in the ways described at the point where such information is disclosed.
Communications from Exterran - Opt-In / Opt-Out - The Website provides you the opportunity to register to receive communications from us and our Third Party Providers. Absent your affirmative opt-in, you should not receive any communications from Exterran as a result of your use of the Website. If after opting-in, you choose to no longer receive communications from Exterran or our Third Party Providers, please follow the unsubscribe procedures in the subject communication(s) to opt-out. We will endeavor to remove you from the distribution list for the subject communications as soon as reasonably possible.
Inherent Risks - Communicating via the Internet and providing information, products or services to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties. By choosing to use the Website and, even more so, by choosing to submit information via it, you acknowledge that fact and you consent to and bear all risk of the use of the Internet, including the Website, and those other necessary means of communication and/or transfer.
Limitation of Liability - IN NO EVENT WILL EXTERRAN, ITS AFFILIATES AND DIVISIONS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, INSURERS AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY COSTS, DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), OR LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, RESULTING FROM THE COLLECTION, USE, TRANSFER, PROCESSING, HANDLING, CONTENT, OR STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OBTAINED OR SUBMITTED BY YOU RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
Exterran reserves the right to change, modify, or update this Agreement at any time without notice. The Agreement was originally produced on July 12, 2007 and was last updated on September 4, 2018.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Exterran’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.