JT (Joule-Thomson) Assembly
The JT assembly provides hydrocarbon dew point control and increased recovery of natural gas liquids (NGL). The JT Plant consists of a gas-to-gas heat exchanger with hot gas bypass, liquid-to-gas heat exchanger, JT valve, cold separator, methanol injection system and control system, all mounted on a single skid.
The Joule-Thomson Assembly makes it easy for you to recover valuable NGL and reduce the water and hydrocarbon dew point of your production stream to pipeline specifications. This self-contained, skid-mounted system can be quickly installed and started up, making it ideal for short-term, space-constrained operating environments.
- Expedited production drawings available as early as 4-5 business days for faster planning
- Single well or multi well designs available along with full pad well designs
- Robust skid design and commitment to service help bring operations online quickly
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of the units to facilitate and speed startup
- Industry-leading delivery to speed startup
The assembly consists of a gas/gas exchanger with hot gas bypass, JT valve, cold separator, methanol injection system and control system.
Following gas/liquid separation and gas dehydration, high-pressure gas enters the assembly through the gas/gas exchanger and chiller for pre-cooling. Methanol is injected to prevent formation of hydrates, and the raw natural gas passes through a JT valve. The resulting pressure drop causes expansion of the gas and a significant temperature reduction due to the Joule-Thompson effect.
The cooled gas is routed to the cold separator to remove the condensed NGL. The outlet gas from the cold separator is routed through the gas/gas exchanger for inlet cooling. The NGL from the cold separator is routed through the inlet NGL/gas exchanger and then to a separate optional pressurized NGL storage tank.
- JT valve with pressure pilot controller
- NGL/gas exchanger
- ASME code gas/gas exchanger
- ASME code -20 °F cold separator
- Temperature controller
- Instrument gas/air manifold
- Sight glass assembly
- Methanol pump and delivery system
- Cold thermal insulation
- Hot gas bypass system for startup
- Heavy-duty steel skid with lifting lugs
- Thermal relief valves
- Upstream Dehydration
- Hairpin exchangers
- Control isolation valves
- Ethylene glycol injection system
- NGL bullet tank
- 3-phase separator
- Unit leasing