Gas Conditioning Skid
Gas Conditioning Skids reduce the BTU of the gas stream for compression fuel gas requirements or to flare.
The Gas Conditioning Skid is a compact, integrated, skid-mounted system designed for hydrocarbon dewpoint control and increased recovery of valuable natural gas liquids (NGL) in the wellstream following upstream dehydration.
Ideally suited for quick installation and short-term operating environments, our Gas Conditioning Skid saves you startup time and space, recovering valuable NGL and reducing hydrocarbon dew point to pipeline specifications. The package also reduces BTU content of fuel gas proportional to inlet BTU.
- Expedited production drawings available as early as 4-5 business days for faster planning
- Single well or multi well designs available along with full pad well designs
- Robust skid design and commitment to service help bring operations online quickly
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of the units to facilitate and speed startup
- Industry-leading delivery to speed startup
The assembly consists of a gas/gas exchanger with hot gas bypass, JT valve, cold separator, methanol injection system and control system. Following gas/liquid separation and gas dehydration, high-pressure gas enters the assembly through the gas/gas exchanger and inlet NGL/gas exchanger for pre-cooling. Methanol is injected to prevent formation of hydrates, and the raw natural gas passes through a JT valve. The resulting pressure drop causes expansion of the gas and a significant temperature reduction due to the Joule-Thompson effect.
The cooled gas is routed to the cold separator to remove the condensed NGL. The outlet gas from the cold separator is routed through the gas/gas exchanger for inlet cooling. The NGL from the cold separator is routed through the inlet NGL/gas exchanger and then to a separate optional pressurized NGL storage tank.
- JT valve with pressure pilot controller
- ASME code
- NGL/gas exchanger
- ASME code gas/gas exchanger
- ASME code -100 °F cold separator
- Temperature controller
- Instrument gas/air manifold
- Sight glass assembly
- Methanol pump and delivery system
- Cold thermal insulation
- Hot gas bypass system for startup
- Relief valves
- Heavy-duty steel skid with lifting lugs
- 1300 psig MAWP upstream of JT valve outlet
- 500 psig MAWP downstream of JT valve outlet
- Upstream dehydration
- Additional methanol injection pump
- NGL bullet tank