The BTEX Eliminator is a heat exchanger condensing system used to capture and recycle BTEX and V.O.C. from the regenerator still column. Condensed liquids are collected and transferred to storage, while the residual V.O.C. vapors are sent to the burner or to compression.
BTEX Eliminators are used to capture benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene (BTEX) and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the still column of triethylene glycol (TEG) regenerators. They also reduce operating costs by recovering sellable condensates and using VOC vapors for burner fuel. We offer two main unit styles: an air-cooled exchanger and a shell-and-tube exchanger, which cools the gas with glycol for cold-climate applications. The BTEX Eliminator is available in various sizes, compatible with a wide range of glycol regenerator sizes.
- Expedited production drawings available as early as 4-5 business days for faster planning
- Single well or multi well designs available along with full pad well designs
- Robust skid design and commitment to service help bring operations online quickly
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of the units to facilitate and speed startup
- Industry-leading delivery to speed startup
The mixture of hydrocarbons and water that leave the still column are routed through a heat exchanger where liquid is condensed and sent to a blowcase. As the blowcase level rises, a level switch is tripped, which opens a valve to send the liquids to storage or for sale. The residue gas that does not condense in the heat exchanger can be sent to a regenerator fuel gas line or to an optional vapor recovery unit (VRU), helping to minimize operating costs and reduce air emissions.
- Stainless steel construction
- Compound injector burner set
- High-level shutdown on blowcase pressure vessel
- Three-way actuated burner valve
- Shell-and-tube style units are housed for cold weather
- ASME code stamped blowcase pressure vessel
- Insulation and heat tracing
- Exterran field installation for piping non-condensibles
- Catalytic heater for cold weather-housed units
- Customization to meet additional specifications