Exterran® has helped our customers remove concerns with grid power accessibility, reliability and increasing costs by providing on-site integrated power generation. An attractive option that can reduce the time to market for a new facility by removing utility infrastructure expansion. Our expert team has been involved with the complete design, construction, start-up and operation of successful integrated power generation projects, completely removing the burden from the client.
Integrated power generation uses existing site gas flows to generate electricity near the point of use; the electricity generated is then used to power equipment for gas production and processing, motor drive residue compression, along with auxiliary equipment.
Exterran’s experienced engineering, project management and construction teams ensure facilities are designed and constructed efficiently and on time for optimal lifecycle performance.
Improve Flexibility, Reduce Operating Costs
- Allows facilities to operate in island mode—completely independent of the power grid
- Generating onsite electricity from readily available natural gas fuel source directly ties operating costs to commodity value which can reduce OpEx budget variability associated with fluctuating electricity prices
- Enhanced reliability from possible grid outages or lengthy in-service dates
- Improve plant flexibility
- Reduce operating costs
- Faster plant construction (IPG helps secure contracts quickly)
- Modular design allows simple site ramp-up
- Efficiency > 60% possible with use of waste heat at gas plants
- 40% lower CO/CO2 g/BHP-hr, NOx can be reduced 95% with use of SCR