GFT Flotation saves money and time. It quickly processes single-tank volumes as high as 750,000 BWPD to target outputs of <10 ppm. gft combines the design of an api tank and flotation vessel into a single unit, greatly reducing capital and tie-in costs and achieving retention times of about one hour versus 4-6 hours with typical skim tanks. the system can operate over a wide range of flows, allowing production to ramp up as the field expands, saving the expense of engineering and installing multiple water treatment trains. exterran can also retrofit existing tanks to gft flotation with minimal costs.
- Combines gravity tank and induced gas flotation processes for lower total costs.
- Easily retrofit existing tanks to make your current investment work harder.
- Lower install costs with less equipment and easier tie-in.
- Fewer pumps, valves and chemical requirements to lower operating costs.
- High-performance MBF reduces chemical treatment costs.
- API tank allows more economic inspection and recertification than IGF vessels.
- Better oil separation through MBF and sequential treatment.
- Multi-chamber design buffers variations in flow rate and oil concentration.
- No internal moving parts means higher reliability.
- No rotating seals, thus eliminating fugitive air emissions.
- Guaranteed performance results with our design validation and characterization services.
- Ability to treat difficult fluids such as heavy oils, emulsions, high viscosities and polymer applications.
- Wide turndown range allows virtually any flow rate.
- Reduce your risk with a turnkey installation, or we can simply provide design and microbubble equipment.
GFT uses fluid hydraulics through multiple chambers coupled with microbubble flotation (MBF) to optimize oil-water separation. Produced water enters the chambers sequentially as microbubbles are introduced. Oil is lifted upon the bubble layer and is skimmed off by overflowing an oil weir. The water then flows into the next chamber where more microbubbles are introduced and more oil is separated. The process drives itself hydraulically through all chambers, and water exits the system at a target of <10 ppm.gft can handle complex separations at high volumes with no disruptions due to variations in flow rate or oil concentration.
- Microbubble technology via ONYX® pumps or Gas Liquid Reactor (GLR®)
- API or EN tank design code
- Instrumentation and controls
- GFT outlet control valve
- Complete process review
Material of Construction
- GFT: internally coated carbon steel
- Piping: internally coated carbon steel
- ONYX pump: Duplex SS
- GLR vessel: internally coated carbon steel
- New-build or retrofit to existing tanks
- Single, dual, or multi-chambered tank solutions
- Water characterization services
- Chemical treatment selection services
- CFD modeling of proposed tank design
- Upgraded materials for pumps, valves, instruments, and piping
- Ancillary equipment such as transfer pumps and chemical injection
- Cold-weather protection such as skid enclosure and tank insulation
- Other options as required to meet your specifications