Exterran’s Sand Separator is a sturdy, pre-engineered, pressure vessel designed to separate and remove sand and other sediments from natural gas and liquid wellstreams.
Protect your equipment and maximize production time with our first-class sand separator that helps prevent erosion, plugging and other problems associated with sand and sediment in wellstreams.
- Protect your equipment from erosion and plugging by efficiently removing destructive sand and other sediment from the wellstream.
- Optimize safety with flanged connections and the latest ASME standards code stamped on the unit ensuring consistent design and construction.
- Added assurance of a warranty on our manufactured products that runs 12 months from startup or 18 months from delivery, whichever comes first
- Prompt, professional service, support and spare parts from local technicians in or near every major oil & gas producing region in the U.S. and numerous areas around the world
As the wellstream enters the vessel, its velocity is reduced by a deflector to facilitate content separation. The slowed stream contacts the impingement plate, which redirects the liquid and gas to the wellstream outlet of the vessel. Gravity forces the particulate to descend and collect at the bottom of the vessel.
The hydrocarbon stream is now free of heavy particulate and ready for further processing without damaging or plugging downstream production equipment. The captured sand and sediment are regularly discharged via the outlet drain on the bottom of the vessel.
- Raised-face or ring-type flanged connections
- 2 ¼ inch thick vertical sand impingement plate
- Flanged relief valve connection
- Flanged sand outlet drain
- Alternate shut-in pressure ratings from 1,440 to 10,000 psig
- Rugged L-shaped skid for easy mobility and quick installation
- Removable sacrificial inlet nozzle insert
- Blowdown sand removal valves and chokes