Exterran’s Horizontal Filter Separator is a sturdy, combination package designed to remove contaminants from liquid-free natural gas streams.
Available in single and dual boot configurations, filter-separators, containing one micron filter elements, are used for the removal of dust, rust and small particles and handle gas capacities up to 321 MMscfd at 1400 psig.
Vessels containing 0.3 micron elements are used for the removal of lube oil and other contaminants and handle gas capacities up to 221 MMscfd at 1400 psig. Exterran also offers expertise to design and build customized units outside of our standard range.
Our filter separators are designed for high gas/low liquid flow operations and are typically employed upstream and downstream of compressors, glycol dehydration units and fuel gas applications.
- Help protect your equipment from damage with reliable filtration and particle removal down to as low as 0.3 microns
- Reduce downtime with our proven pre-engineered design
- Stock inventory and quicker delivery allow faster startup
- Latest ASME design and construction standards ensure high performance and safety
- Added assurance of a warranty on our manufactured products that runs 12 months from startup or 18 months from delivery, whichever comes first
- Prompt, professional service, support and spare parts from local technicians in or near every major oil & gas producing region in the U.S. and numerous areas around the world
As natural gas enters the unit, filter tubes and elements in the first section capture solid particles and cause any liquids present in the stream to coalesce into larger droplets. In the second section, the wire mesh or vane mist extractor captures the liquid droplets. The resulting stream is then virtually free of all particles two microns and larger.
The standard unit is equipped with one or two liquid boots to collect fluids removed from the gas stream. The fluids are discharged from the vessel by means of an automatic level controller and level control valve.
- Pressure relief valve
- Sight glass/level gauges with gauge cock
- Liquid level controller
- Pressure indicator
- Temperature indicator connection
- Instrument gas supply drip pot
- Instrument gas header
- Pressure safety valve
- High/low pressure regulator
- Lifting lugs for safe handling
- API 14C rated
- Flanged connections
- Sentry closure
- Skid mounted with drain pan
- Concrete blocks
- Full installation
- Sour gas service built to the NACE standard