Horizontal Heater Treater
Exterran's Horizontal Heater Treater utilizes heat and mechanical separation enhancement devices, such as plate packs, baffles and electrostatic grids.
The Exterran Horizontal Treater is designed to efficiently treat large capacities of crude oil by removing water and emulsion from the wellstream, preparing the treated oil for delivery. Our unique shroud and distributor provide increased capacity, efficiency and separation. Exterran’s pre-engineered design and adherence to the latest ASME standards ensures consistent and reliable construction, as well as quick delivery, optimal performance, and safe operation.
- Horizontal design increases retention time and BTU to boost production capacity
- Distinctive inlet shroud fully utilizes the vessel’s cross-section to improve efficiency
- Unique distributor evenly disperses emulsion for better separation
- Help maintain production by reducing downtime with our proven pre-engineered design
- Latest ASME design and construction standards help ensure high performance and safety
- Added assurance of a warranty on our manufactured products that runs 12 months from startup or 18 months from delivery, whichever comes first.
- Units are typically in stock and ready for delivery
- Prompt, professional service, support and spare parts from local technicians in or near every major oil & gas producing region in the U.S. and numerous areas around the world
Produced fluids enter the treater vessel through the top inlet and flow down into the shroud surrounding the firetube. Exterran’s unique shroud and heat-retaining baffle allow for more efficient and even heating of the crude/emulsion.
Gas released from the incoming stream collects in the upper section and exits the vessel through the gas back-pressure valve. Freewater released from the incoming stream collects in the lower section of the vessel. Heating extracts additional water from the crude, and the produced water is then discharged through the water outlet.
The crude and remaining emulsion flow from the heater section into the distributor, which provides enhanced dispersal and separation above the oil/water interface.
The treated oil flows into the settling section and is then directed to the oil outlet for delivery to storage or pipeline.
- Inlet oil/emulsion shroud
- Removable firetube and stack
- Flame arrestor
- High-efficiency burner and pilot assembly
- Temperature controller
- Tubular liquid level gauge assemblies
- Pressure gauge with isolating valve
- Oil level controller and dump valve
- Water level controller and dump valve
- Pressure relief valve
- High temperature shutdown controller
- Gas back-pressure valve
- Fuel gas scrubber with high-level shutdown
- 18 inch manway
- Pilot flame-out safety control (BSL)
- High/low liquid level shut off (LSHL)
- Sand jet system
- Stack arrestor
- Skid mount
- Ladder and platform
- Cold weather housing
- Internal coating
- Sour gas service built to the NACE standard