Natural Gas Processing and Treating
With more than 40 years of expert process design and modular engineering experience, Exterran has built and delivered more than 400 gas processing and treating facilities. We excel in both pre-engineered and custom solutions using open art technology and proprietary designs. Our extensive family of midstream products, in-house engineering services, and state-of-the-art fabrication facilities combine to ensure profitable projects are delivered on time.
Customers valuing flexibility and the ability to respond to market conditions can now take advantage of an alternative for current operating GSP plants. Exterran’s Recycle Split Vapor (RSV) retrofit offering provides Gas Subcooled Process (GSP) plant owners the option to modify plants and achieve ultra-high ethane and propane recoveries.
We know how to eliminate risk. Through best-practices, continuous-improvement programs, strategic inventories of key components, automated schedule tracking, and the industry’s highest percentage of in-house manufacturing, we bring speed and predictability to your project, giving you a competitive edge.
Recently, an Iraqi company hired Exterran to manage the operations of a gas plant in which their product had an extremely high H2S content. The sour gas not only corroded their equipment, but left them with a product that required significant processing to sell. In addition to addressing the H2S content, our solution included extracting butane, propane, and gasoline—three products that our customer was subsequently able to successfully monetize.
Natural Gas Processing Equipment
- High recovery cryogenic plants (technical sheets)
- Mechanical Refrigeration & Dew Point Control
- Joule-Thomson (JT) Systems (technical sheets)
- NGL Fractionation
- Condensate Stabilization
Natural Gas Treating Equipment
- Generic and Specialty Amine Solvents
- Hybrid Solvents
- Sulfur Recovery Units (technical sheets)
Engineering and Commissioning Services
- Standardized and Custom Designed Solutions
- Front End Engineering & Design (FEED)
- Multi-Discipline Balance of Plant (BOP) Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical & Structural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation, Controls & Programming
- QuickStart® Plant Commissioning [QuickStart® Program highlight: a suite of specialized services that minimize delays and expedite plant startup]
- PSM/HAZOP Assistance
- Operator Training